Monday, April 29, 2013

Book Quiz

Can you name this book & author?


In 1975 this book was published by Fawcett Crest Book.
  • paperback has 288 pages
  • is available in most formats
  • major fictitious characters, some historic personages make brief appearances

Quotes from the book:

I am informed, by the self-appointed Critic who reads over my shoulder as I write, that I have already committed an error. If those seemingly simple English words do indeed imply that which I am told they imply to the vulgar, I must in justice to Evelyn find other phrasing.

A criminal of another kind might hope to profit, however, and I came tot he conclusion that my visitor had been a would-be thief, a little more imaginative than his fellow, who hoped by his imitation of an Egyptian to confound a wakeful victim long enough to effect his escape.

So the scheme we had arranged was carried out. We had great difficulty in persuading Evelyn to go, but finally she agreed, as she thought, to a quick journey to and from the river... 



No comments:

Post a Comment