Monday, July 22, 2013

Book Quiz (July 22)

Book Quiz (July 22)


  • Mystery
  • Berkley Book
  • 228 pg
  • Copyright: Dodd, Mead & Co. 1924; renewed in 1952
  • Printed: Dodd, Mead 1924; Dell April 1981; Berkely February 1984


Quotes from the book:

  • Take away the overcoat, the beard and the eye glasses, and there wouldn't be much to know him by.” grumbled the inspector. “He could alter his appearance easy enough in five minutes if he wanted to – which he would do if he's the swell pickpocket you suggest.”
  • There's a terrible smell in your cabin, miss. What it is, I'm sure I can't think, but I doubt if you'll be able to sleep here. There's a deck cabin up on C deck, I believe. You might move into that just for the night, anyway.”
  • I had no further difficulty in carrying out my plans. I found a small hovel in a back street, got a room there, paid a deposit as I had no luggage with me, and went placidly to bed


Can you:

~ Name the author?
~ The title of this book?
~ One other book published by the author?


No comments:

Post a Comment