Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Quiz (Nov 25)

Book Quiz (Nov 25)


For the month of November, there will be another Agatha Christie.

Agatha Christie ~ Five Classic Murder Mysteries
ISBN: 0-517-03582-0

Agatha Christie ~ Five Classic Murder Mysteries

Quotes from the stories:

~ Can you name the story?
~ Can you post which page?


  • I had dismissed the last of them, as I thought, and was just contemplating a few minutes in the garden before lunch when I perceived one more patient waiting for me. She rose and came toward as I stood somewhat surprised. I don't know why I should have been, except that there is a suggestion of cast iron about Miss Russell, a something that is above the ills of the flesh.


  • I noticed, just as I was turning the handle, a sound from within - the shutting down of a window, I took it to be. I noted it, I may say, quite mechanically, without attaching any importance to it at the time.


  • "That's good. I've been questioning the servants. They all declare that no one has been to the back door tonight. Your description of that stranger was rather vague. Can't you five us something more definite to go upon?"


  • We all trooped into the dining room. It seemed incredible that less than twenty-four hours had passed since I last sat at that table.

No comments:

Post a Comment