Friday, January 17, 2014

Answer to Book Quiz (Jan 13)

Answer to Book Quiz (Jan 13)

Agatha Christie ~ The Moving Finger

Can you:
~ Name the author?    Agatha Christie
~ Name the title of this book?  The Moving Finger
~ Name another book title by this author?  The Classic Murder Mysteries



Book Quiz (Jan 13)


  • Avenel Books
  • Crown Publishing, Inc
  • Copyright 1980
  • First printing: 
  • 650 pages


Quotes from Book:
  • She looked, I decided this morning, much more like a horse than a human being. In fact, she would have been a very nice horse with a little grooming.   pg 451

  •  And not one I couldn't match from other cases! This one here is as near as nothing to one written by that milliner woman. This one is the dead spit of an outbreak we had up in Northumberland - written by a school girl, they were. I can tell you, gentlemen, I'd like to see something new sometimes, instead of the same old treadmill.   pg 473

  • Partridge drew herself up again. "No, I did not, Miss! No, indeed. If Agnes like to behave rudely that's her look out, but I shall give her a piece of my mind when we meet."   pg 487

  • "That's sensible of you, sir. And Let me tell you, the person we're after is dangerous. She's about as dangerous as a rattle snake and a cobra and a black mamba rolled into one."   pg 497

  • I stood there a moment hesitating. What was I really doing there? I didn't know, and then, suddenly, just near at hand, I caught the sound of a rustle. Is sounded like a woman's dress.   pg 517

Can you:
~ Name the author?
~ Name the title of this book?
~ Name another book title by this author?

No comments:

Post a Comment