Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Quiz (Oct 28)

Book Quiz (Oct 28)

The  posts in the October quiz will be...

From a book by:

Agatha Christie ~ Miss Marple - The Complete Short Stories
ISBN: 0-399-150129-9

Agatha Christie ~ Miss Marple ~ The Complete Short Stories

There are twenty stories in this book, and there will be no order on how the quotes are put up, post your answer in a comment, and on Friday I will let you know the correct answers. If no answers are posted I will re-post the quotes at another time.


Quotes from the short stories:

~ Can you name the short story?
~ Can you post which page?

  • Mary, the paragon, was missing! Her bed had not been slept in and the front door was found ajar. She had slipped out quietly during the night.

  • The vicar's wife came around the corner of the vicarage with her arms full of chrysanthemums. A good deal of rich garden soil was attached to her strong brogue shoes and a few fragments of earth were adhering to her nose, but of that fact she was perfectly unconscious.

  • "I saw," said Miss Marple impressively, "the window of the fishmonger's shop. There was only one thing in it, a fresh haddock."

  • "Oh!" said Jane. "In the village. But nothing ever happens in a village, does it?" She sighed. "I'm sure I shouldn't have any brains at all if I lived in a village."

  • "I have never forgotten it," continued the clergyman. "It made a profound impressions on me at the time, and to this day by a slight effort of memory I can feel again the awe and horror of that terrible moment when I saw a man stricken to death by apparently no mortal agency."

No comments:

Post a Comment