Monday, October 7, 2013

Books Quiz (Oct 7)

Books Quiz (Oct 7)

The  posts in the October quiz will be...

From a book by:

Agatha Christie ~ Miss Marple - The Complete Short Stories
ISBN: 0-399-150129-9

Agatha Christie ~ Miss Marple ~ The Complete Short Stories

There are twenty stories in this book, and there will be no order on how the quotes are put up, post your answer in a comment, and on Friday I will let you know the correct answers. If no answers are posted I will re-post the quotes at another time.


Quotes from the short stories:

~ Can you name the short story?
~ Can you post which page?


  • "My curiosity is mainly professional," said Dr. Lloyd. "I should like to know what medical evidence was given at the inquest - that is, if our hostess remembers, or, indeed, if she knows."

  • "The facts are very simple. Three people sat down to a supper consisting, among other things, of tinned lobster. Later in the might, all three were taken ill, and a doctor was hasitly summoned. Two of the people recovered, the third one died."

  • "I am not going to try to guess," said Raymond. "Go on, Aunt Jane, and tell us what was so startlingly clear to you."

  • "Now, Dr. Lloyd," said Miss Helier, "don't you know any creepy stories?"

  • Miss Marple nodded brightly. She opened her bag and extracted a small card board box. Inside it, wedged in cotton wool, was a small mirror.

2 comments:

  1. I know I've read all these quotes in the Tuesday Club , but I can't remember if the individual chapters have names, and the names may have changed when the stories were collected. As I read these quotes, I remember how much I enjoyed each puzzle. I'm going to have to see if I still have that book somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some are from the Tuesday Club, The Regatta Mystery, Three Blind Mice and Double Sin, all the quotes are from one or another of the different stories in the book.

    Its fun to see how many times you can get the same names popping up to use for quotes.

    Your more than welcome to post up which story or stories the quotes are from. My problem with coming up with the quotes is that I find myself reading the stories over again, so it takes me a little bit longer find what I want to use. :)


    ReplyDelete